Ready to start The Get Real Resolution?
Okay, done. That’s it! No diets or sacrifices, no pushups or sit ups! Just make a commitment to try the challenges and have fun.
The first activity for your resolution is to sit down at a family dinner with a sheet of paper for each person (who is old enough to write) and answer a few questions to that will help you get the most from your resolution.
Questions for Parents:
- What do you hope your family gains by taking this challenge?
- What worries you most about the foods your kids will or won’t eat and why?
- What’s the biggest issue in our food system?
- When you were a kid, did your parents ever make you eat a food you hated? What was the food and what happened? Do you eat that food now?
- What is your favorite food memory from when you were a kid?
Questions for Kids:
- What’s your favorite food and why?
- How do you feel when your mom or dad makes you try something you don’t think you will like?
- What does “healthy” food mean to you?
- What do your parents “nag” you about most when it comes to food?
When you are done, seal the papers up without reading any of them in an envelope (you’ll need them later) and get ready to get real. Each month will offer fun activities and educational content to support your resolution. Check the site for each month’s challenge ideas and share your stories and photos of how your family is celebrating real food.